Blackheads are small bumps that appear in your skin pores, and are the main cause of acne. If you look closely at your pores and you see some small black spots, then that’s the blackheads.
Blackheads are formed due to clogging of skin pores by dead skin cells and oil (sebum). This oil is produced by oil glands (sebum) in the pores. Although having blackheads is quite normal, but there are several factors that make a person prone to blackheads.
- The amount of bacteria on the skin surface increases.
- Skin pores irritation
- Hormonal changes
- Consume food or drinks with high sugar and fat content.
Since blackheads are formed due to a blockage in the skin pores, therefore, we have to keep our skin clean. There are several facial treatments that can be done to prevent blackheads, such as:
- Wash our face regularly 2 times a day.
- Wash our hair every day, especially if we have oily hair types.
- Keep our hands and nails clean
- Wash pillowcases and bed sheets at least once a week.
- Avoid high sugar and fat content foods.
- Use skincare products to remove dead skin.
- Choose water-based skincare products
But then, what should we do if we already got blackheads?
Well, there are some facial treatments that can be done to deal with blackheads, which mainly aim to reduce excess oil, help exfoliate dead skin cells, and kill bacteria, such as laser therapy and with peeling.
Other than those 2 ways above, you can also use skincare creams with certain ingredients that can help deal with excess oil production which has the potential to cause blackheads.
So, whatever facial treatments you choose, please make sure that the treatment is suitable with your skin type, okay? Good luck on getting rid of blackheads!